The hike Tuesday was more of what both Troy and I expected. In and around farms, more lambs, the earthworks that were part of the whole wall defense system and then... A real piece of the Wall, just before we arrived at the little village of Wall to spend the night on the village green.
Along the path we got to see our first fortified house from the Border Reiver period, walk thru a forest so Tolkienesque that we expected orcs to attack at any moment and stop inside a church from the 630. Nope, I did not leave off the 1. So many things here are incredibly old.
We spent the late afternoon in a local pub, had dinner and got some great advice about what to see and what to skip, then sacked out.
Mom and Gram - you would not believe the number of birds we are seeing. As I type this there is a major pheasant battle going on just up the hill from us
Sophia- when I woke up last night and got out of the tent the hillside was covered with bunnies. It looked like a nighttime episode of Teletubbies!
Anne and Christie- luv u, thanks for making this possible


.jpg)














No comments:
Post a Comment